Sunday, September 22, 2013

two!

Our sweet Sommy is TWO today!


Sommy, you have a contagious joy for life that is transparent. Even strangers enjoy watching you and I have seen you bring a smile to many sullen faces. This is a gift that I believe you will cultivate in your life and use to bring glory to God. I love your sweet nature, your sharing heart, your nurturing side, the way you bonded to me at such a young age, your musical ear, your great concern for those you love when something has gone amiss, your chunky thighs and round face, your fake smile for pictures, your clear green eyes that understand so much more than we know, your unabandoned excitement at the simple things in life, your laughter, your uninhibited emotions (if you are feeling it, then we know it), and I love the way you want to mimic all of the "big" people in your life like your sister. I especially love that every night before bed you like to hear a list of all the people in your life who love you, including that "Jesus loves you". Please never forget how vastly you are loved, and by so many people.

Two is such a fun age! And a hard age. But I love you with all my heart in a way that can only be supernatural. God must have designed it this way on purpose. I will borrow from an old nursery rhyme to describe you, my spunky daughter. The saying goes:
"When she was good, she was very, very good. 
And when she was bad, she was horrid."  
Despite the major stinker moments, you are SO FUN most of the other times! And I really do think if you learn to eat more food more of your cranky moments will be replaced by joyful ones.


Happy Birthday Sommer Christiana! May this next year be a life-giving, character-growing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's fun to hear what YOU think!